Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One Foot in Front of the Other

Missing my guy tonight.

I've been watching Hindi movies like crazy these past ten days or so. One almost every night. And I went to a Bhangra dance class tonight. And I've been listening to Urdu music on my iPod. And I started reading ... wait for it ... five books on: Islam, India, religion in India, a Pakistani/Muslim memoir, and a novel that takes place in India.

These are the things I do to ease my separation pain.

Also, talking to him every day on Skype. Multiple times really. I'll Skype with him when I get off work, and then we'll take a break while he eats dinner, and then we do it again. Sometimes we talk dirty to each other. Sometimes we fuck on Skype. Sometimes we cry together. Sometimes we laugh and whisper lovey things to each other. Sometimes we talk about culture. Sometimes we talk about needs, and how much we miss each other.

And we text, too. And talk on the phone.
And we both look for jobs for him in the NW.

And we dream about the future, while trying valiantly to stay in the now -- taking one challenge at a time.

Somedays I feel strong; others weak. But every day I love him more and more. And that binds us.

And that's what I hold on to. That's what I'm going to bed with tonight. A Tuesday night.
Just another Tuesday night.
How many more Tuesday nights will I spend without Zi?

"My prayers are ringing through my body, Zi. I'm calling out to the gods and the Universal Source to help us find a way to bring us together soon. Permanently.

I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment